DID YOU KNOW?
On July 1, 2012, all new and existing mobilehomes, manufactured homes and new multifamily manufactured homes that have fuel-burning appliances or an attached garage are required to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed in or near the sleeping areas.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), CO poisoning causes more than 500 deaths and 20,000 emergency department visits in the U.S. annually. The use of carbon monoxide alarms could potentially prevent death. Learn how to prevent CO poisoning in your family and how to spot the symptoms before tradegy occurs.
Potential Sources of Carbon Monoxide
WHAT YOU CAN DO…
- Install a CO alarm near or in each sleeping area in your home
- Have all fireplaces and fuel-burning appliances inspected by a licensed professional
- Do not use your stove, or bar-b-que grill to heat your home
- Do not place generators or grills indoors during a power outage
- Do not block or seal shut any exhaust flue or ducts used by gas water heaters or clothes dryers